Son of Prince Osric and his wife, the Lady Stheile.
Hagen is the eldest known grandchild of Oberon. A childhood friend and later bitter enemy of his aunt Erica, Hagen is also the second-eldest surviving bearer of Osric’s Curse (after his grandmother Cymnea Venway). He has spent a very long life fighting the Weirmonken and wandering shadow, as his sojourns in Amber have always been tarnished by his feud with Erica.
|Power||15||Osric’s Curse. Hagen’s vampire forms: scary-face vampire (prime), human, dire wolverine, cloud of bats (>2000), freaking huge man-bat, nosferatu shadow.|
|Shadow||11||Golkonda. Personal Shadow, controlled access, controlled destiny, guardians. A dirigible Shadow with a map in the shape of a fast clipper, a stark granitic mountain range at its prow. Its inhabitants are the descendants of the Kurultai who attacked Kashfa. They have made their peace with Hagen and he with them: they call him Eldest, and he calls them his children.|
|The Pallid Mask||8||Psychic barrier. Named & numbered forms. Danger sense. A full head-covering hood, its obsidian-eyed gaze blank and pitiless as the sun, made of the petrified? ossified? lignified? flayed face and scalp of a slain demigod. It divides the psychic universe into two: an inside and an outside. The two parts do not connect. Psychic touch, Trump or mind-sorcery do not cross. Neither do empathy or intuition. The Pallid Mask’s wearer assumes the socio-moral stance of a psychopath or gamergate believer. The builder of the mask attempted to compensate for the loss of intuition by giving the mask a sense for danger, which it displays to its wearer via a kind of HUD.|
XP awarded and spent
- Sessions 1 & 2 = 10 points
- Added 4 each to Endurance and Warfare (representing him working out to get back into shape for an upcoming war, after a year in prison), and pick up a Unicorn Trump deck (by borrrowing a spare from the stationery casket in Oberon’s study) = less 10 points
- Sessions 3 & 4 = 10 points
- Session 5 = 5 points
- Took control of Contrition and Containment.
- Recovered the Pallid Mask.
- Session 7, 8 = 10 points
- Spent on Warfare
- Session 10 = 10 points
- Spent on Warfare
- Session 12 = 10 points
- Spent 4 adding Guardians to Golconda; 3 turning Bad Stuff to Zero stuff; 3 into Warfare.
- Session 14 = 10 points
- 5 in each of Endurance and Strength (Osric’s Curse is growing stronger!)
- Session 16 = 10 points
- Spent 4 in Strength, 6 in Warfare. Nice round numbers.
- 0 unspent